Links Sanctuary
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sakura (My Character)

2 posters

Go down

Sakura (My Character) Empty Sakura (My Character)

Post  ぜるだ姫 Tue May 05, 2009 11:37 am

Name: Sakura
Race: Human (little ears)
Hair: Goes halfway down her back, strawberry blonde, in a braid most of the time, straight when loose
Eyes: emerald green, soft, kind, gentle
Appearance: Light tan skin, slightly shorter than average
Build: Thinnish (not unhealthy, though)
Weapons: Mirror Shield
Armor: None, unless you count the Mirror Shield
Strengths: Language (she speaks nine: Ancient Hylian, Modern Hylian, Forest Dialect of Minish, Western Gerudo, Latorian, Morin, Ganajina, Latoan, and Keshka), Use of light and reflection of light, and can use her shield to give light the power to eat away stone
Special Markings: A birthmark on her left hand that looks like a woman holding a mirror to reflect light
Weaknesses: Can sometimes lose her temper, gullible, makes friends with the wrong sort almost as often as the right sort, can be tempted into giving away information
Bio: Born into the Gerudo tribe of the Western Gerudo Desert, west of Hyrule, Sakura was an identical twin, her sister being Yuri. The Gerudo in this area of the desert believed that identical twins brought about bad luck, and the Elder Sisters who governed the group advised that the twins be given flower names in order to reduce any damage and to give them to different families in different countries: on in Hyrule and the other in nearby Latoan. They were to each have a note that said the name of the child and why she was there.
Heeding the ES's words, the mother, Toranii, took Yuri and snuck her to the doorstep of a Hylian family that lived in the middle of Hyrule Field. A week later she delivered Sakura to a Hylian couple in southern Latoan near Kokiri Forest.
Young Sakura was happily taken in by the couple, who had always wished for a child of their own. Although there were no other people in the area, Sakura grew up quite happily for the first ten years of her life. Her mother and father both spoke Hylian and Latoan, as these were the two official languages of the country, so Sakura picked up both languages. She had no problem speaking in either language, and she was taught how to write when she was five years old.
Her parents, Rose and Kamari, showed Sakura the importance of the forest and how to respect the living things inside of it. They told her that the Minish tribe, a miniscule race of old, protected the forest. When Sakura was eight, she learned that a mysterious race of "forest children" lived somewhere deep in the forest, and that only one forest child had been seen outside of the forest, and that he had disappeared somewhere in Hyrule years ago.
Then, when Sakura was ten, she woke up and found that her parents were gone. This made no sense; they only went out into the forest with Sakura. What had happened?
Sakura went outside, but she saw no one. She went back into the house and checked her parents' room again. There she discovered a note under the small dresser. Her eyes widened as she read it.
This is an English translation:

"Sakura" is this child's name. She is to be called by this name and not by any other. In the event of seeing a child who looks like but is not Sakura, do not let Sakura learn of it. In the event of the other child meeting Sakura, you are to drive the other child away and take from Sakura any memory of the incident. In the event of Sakura learning of the other child's existence any other way, you are to separate Sakura from where she learned it and erase any memories of the other child.

When Sakura finished reading, she stood for a few seconds, then collapsed into tears. The idea of her loving parents betraying her made her feel completely alone, with nobody by her side and nobody to talk to. There was nobody to comfort her in her darkest hour.
Her tears also came from desperate confusion: who was the "other child"? The girl who looked like Sakura? Why on earth would she have to be driven away and treated so harshly? What could the other Sakura have possibly done wrong?
Sakura ran out of the house and into the forest. She continued running until she was so tired that she collapsed near a small stump.
The little girl blinked and found herself in a soft bed. She soon discovered that she was in a place that she had not been to before.
Sakura found not long after that she had been taken in by the Minish people in the forest. She spent the next three years there and learned to communicate quickly. Although the Minish didn't know where Sakura's parents might be, they cared for her and learned bout the note. And although Sakura was in too weak of a state to be told, the Minish concluded that the "other child" would be her sister, almost definitely her twin.
Sakura matured a lot, and by her thirteenth birthday everyone agreed that she would return to the world of the humans. (The door between the two worlds was open a lot more often back then.) Before she left, however, the Minish elder presented her with a mirror shield, which he said would definitely come into use later.
So, Sakura was transported to her large human form, considerably healed emotionally, though she still didn't know the answers to all of her questions.
Over the three years after that the teenager discovered her ability to mirror light with her shield. She figured out that, if she concentrated on a stone object while reflecting light onto it with her Mirror Shield, the stone would disintegrate.
Eventually Sakura travelled to Hyrule, where she found that the country's second-largest town had been burned to ashes....

Whew! That took two days to write. What do you think?

ぜるだ姫

HP:
Sakura (My Character) Left_bar_bleue150/150Sakura (My Character) Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

Back to top Go down

Sakura (My Character) Empty Re: Sakura (My Character)

Post  zeldamaster17 Wed May 06, 2009 6:32 am

Okay, pretty good, so you start off in Kakariko?
APPROVED!

zeldamaster17
Admin

HP:
Sakura (My Character) Left_bar_bleue150/150Sakura (My Character) Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

https://linkssanctuary.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum